by Joe Tracy, editor of Theme Park Magazine
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is being transformed into a Pixar-themed hotel. The multimillion-dollar renovation will also provide hotel guests with a convenient entrance into Disney California Adventure Park. The Pixar hotel will bring it more in line with transformations at Disney California Adventure Park, mainly the retheming of Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier in 2018.
Pixar Hotel Improvements
The newly themed Pixar hotel will have many improvements and upgrades including:
- Pixar-themed curated decor and artwork.
- A new walkway for Pixar hotel guests to get to Disney California Adventure Park.
- A giant Pixar lamp on its blue and yellow ball in the entryway.
- Rooms themed to Pixar movies.
- Alexa “Hey Disney” enabled devices.
“Hey, Disney” is part of a partnership with Amazon echo, announced last year, to bring unique Disney character interactions and experiences at Disney hotels and resorts.
Paradise Pier Hotel will remain open during the renovations, which will take place in sections. Disney will announce the official name of the hotel in the coming weeks, along with other renovations taking place during the hotel transformation.
Downtown Disney Enhancements
Several enhancements are also coming to Downtown Disney, including:
- A new reimagined mid-century modern entryway.
- A new stage.
- A new lawn area for guests to sit.
- Several new restaurants (including Din Tai Fung, Paseo, and Centrico).
- The return of Earl of Sandwich as a pop-up eatery.
- Makeovers to the outside of other Downtown Disney buildings.
Disney also announced the upcoming (late Summer 2022) return of early entry for Disneyland Resort hotel guests and the ability to have purchases delivered to a guest’s hotel room.
Explore More (Videos)
Explore More (Resources)
Article: News from the Disneyland Resort: Upcoming Pixar Plans, Big Foodie News and More! (Disney Parks Blog)
(all images are artist concepts only and subject to change. Images ©Disney)
About Joe Tracy
Joe Tracy, the creator and editor of Theme Park Magazine, is a lifetime enthusiast of theme parks and immersive experiences. The publication was launched under his leadership on June 1, 2021, as a manifestation of his deep-seated love for all things themed. Joe has amassed over 20 years of expertise in both traditional print and online publishing.